Around 2:00 am this morning Monroeville Stations were alerted to a automatic fire alarm activation at the Community College of Allegheny County – Boyce Campus in the 5th District. Units arrived on scene and began investigating only to find an odor of smoke near one of the rear stairwells. Upon further investigation, an overhead stairwell heater was discovered to be on fire and charging the stairwell with a moderate smoke condition. Power to the unit was isolated and the area was ventilated.
Units: E-51, E-61, E-31, T-4, T-278, E-306, E-122, T-233
Command: C-53 (McVicker)