In a common theme lately, Companies were dispatched around 3:30 this morning to a 9 story high rise in the 4th District for smoke filling the first floor hallway. E-41 arrived and began to investigate confirming smoke in the first floor hallway of the south wing. Upon further investigation it was determined that the resident of a first floor apartment had fallen asleep while cooking and caused a small fire that was self extinguished prior to Fire Department arrival. The apartment and hallway were ventilated and units returned into service.
Units: E-41, E-62, E-12, T-5
Command: C-41 (Bacco)